Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Summer Dreams DYB for Helina


I just finished working on my Summer Dreams block for Helina, in Finland. We each make a tiny booklet to circulate along with the blocks so each person can record what she did, along with any other information. I enjoy reading what each person has to say about her work, and so on. In this RR we have 2 ladies from Finland, Ritva, who mails to me, and Helina. Ritva was the last one to work on these blocks. I read what the other 2 ladies had to say and turned the page expecting to read what Ritva said. Well, there it was all right. All in Finnish!!! At first I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me, and then I realized it WAS a foreign language.

Anyway, Helina had a couple of blocks with butterlies on them but they had already been taken so I constructed one of my own from some butterfly fabric I had bought quite a while ago just for this purpose. I have made a lot of butterflies but there are still a lot more to go in that 1/2 yard of fabric.

1 comment:

  1. Lovely stitching. What did you use for the butterfly body? Interesting.

    ReplyDelete