Friday, February 25, 2011

Season Share project


In CQ for Newbies we did a series of blocks, one for each season of the year. Each person pieced a block and embellished half of it. It was then sent to another person to do the other half before being returned to the original piecer. I've had my finished blocks laying around for a while but was too busy with other RRs to bother doing anything with the blocks. Those other RRs are finishing up now and I have more time. The fact that it's been pretty snowy this winter has helped also. So ----- I made a wall hanging out of my 4 seasons blocks. It's a little warped and not exactly square, but it's my first "big" CQ project. I had forgotten how to make bias tape and how to turn corners with the stuff. Thanks to the internet, it was easy to refresh my mind and I muddled through. There is a tube on the back for hanging. I just have to get a dowel to slide in there.


1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Beryl! I think the Spring block is one-half my work. Congrats on finishing a big project -- feels great doesn't it? (Lesa, CQ4Newbies)

    ReplyDelete