My ATCs arrived the other day. Clockwise from upper left, they came from Alice, Hazel, Jenni, and Ira. It's always fun to see the different interpretations of the topic. I think everyone did a great job.
Friday, April 30, 2010
We're getting close to the end in our red color study RR. This month I worked on Cathy's block. Her block has a heart theme and a large heart patch in the center of the block. The heart is surrounded with lace, so I did some seam stitching all around both edges of the lace. Then I added the tatted heart in the center and the little heart beads around that. Next I added the folded fabric flower on the right edge of the heart and sequins and beads on the lace. This block is going to be heavily beaded. What fun!
Sunday, April 11, 2010
I finished working on Margreet's block for the Butterfly, Bees, and Beetles RR. I made a 3-D butterfly out of some butterfly fabric, several bullion bees, and some bullion butterflies. Also, I added a button that looked like a flower and added some SRE leaves and beads here and there.I also did the seam treatment with the green vine and beaded flowers. It was fun working on this block.
Monday, April 5, 2010
I just finished working on Ruby's block for the Coral red color study. I added a folded fabric flower and a dorset button on the floral lace part on the lower left corner. Then I added some beads around the dorset button. Next I did a beaded feather stitch on the seam below the center patch and added a tatted motif in that patch. Finally I added a couple of lazy dazy butterflies on the seam to the right and some tatted butterflies in the next patch.