The quarterly challenge in CQI is Build a Seam. I built my seam and took pictures of each step. I cropped each picture to just show the seam being worked on, so I had several strips that I wanted to make into a composite picture. I asked another CQer how she did it, and with her help and several searches, I was able to make the composite. Big problem though - somewhere along the way between the document in Open Office and the snipping tool in Windows accessories, it lost a lot of quality. I may have to spring for a regular photo program like Photoshop Elements if I want to keep doing this sort of thing.
I used a blanket stitch for the first layer and added a herringbone to that.
Next I added some lazy daisy flowers and French knots before adding -
They're having a heart swap in CQ for Newbies. When I first joined I think the heart swap was my first venture. I have a few hearts that I received stashed away in a box. When I get a few more I'll have to figure out just what I'm going to do with them.
These are the ones I just finished for this swap.