Monday, March 25, 2013

Build a Seam

The quarterly challenge in CQI is Build a Seam.  I built my seam and took pictures of each step.  I cropped each picture to just show the seam being worked on, so I had several strips that I wanted to make into a composite picture.  I asked another CQer how she did it, and with her help and several searches, I was able to make the composite.  Big problem though - somewhere along the way between the document in Open Office and the snipping tool in Windows accessories, it lost a lot of quality.  I may have to spring for a regular photo program like Photoshop Elements if I want to keep doing this sort of thing.

I used a blanket stitch for the first layer and added a herringbone to that.

Next I added some lazy daisy flowers and French knots before adding -

beads to the centers of the flowers. 

1 comment: