Last year I participated in a red color study in the CQ for Newbies group. This year they're doing a pink study. At first I wasn't going to sign up, but after thinking about all the pink stuff I won in a contest back when I first joined, and the fact that a pink block would look nice next to the red block, I signed up. In the red study, I included a small red zipper on my block. Since I have way too many of these zippers, in all colors, I decided to add a zipper to my pink block also. Here's my block - ready to take off on the Pink Color Study.
Thursday, March 31, 2011
The last blocks of the Summer Dreams RR arrived about a week ago. Of course I had visions of flowers, butterflys and bees in mind, but when I opened the baggie and saw the 2 remaining blocks, that all went out the window. Blue fabric with lots of water themes just screaming out for a day at the shore. I started with the blue and red seam and then went to the lower right corner to do some seaweed and fishes. Then I moved on to the lower left patch with the flying gull. I added a sailboat and did the seam with fly stitches and straight stitches to resemble flying gulls. About that time I "saw" hot air balloons in the sky. I kept the remaining seams
'quiet' so they wouldn't distract from the balloons. Finally, I made one of the sand dollars in the upper right corner into a sun. What's a day at the beach without the sun! This was really a fun block to work on.
Monday, March 7, 2011
When I got my 5 completed blocks back from the Autumn DYB rr, it wasn't that difficult to finish that last block. Then the question was what to do with these blocks. Everyone's work was far too grand to put them away in a pile somewhere. After studying loads of eye candy, I decided to make a book. That meant making a front cover and a back cover. To make a long story short, I did it! It's not the greatest, and I did learn a lot about how not to construct a book. I intend to make more with the other DYB round robin blocks I've been in.