Thursday, March 31, 2011

Cathy L's Summer Dreams


The last blocks of the Summer Dreams RR arrived about a week ago. Of course I had visions of flowers, butterflys and bees in mind, but when I opened the baggie and saw the 2 remaining blocks, that all went out the window. Blue fabric with lots of water themes just screaming out for a day at the shore. I started with the blue and red seam and then went to the lower right corner to do some seaweed and fishes. Then I moved on to the lower left patch with the flying gull. I added a sailboat and did the seam with fly stitches and straight stitches to resemble flying gulls. About that time I "saw" hot air balloons in the sky. I kept the remaining seams

'quiet' so they wouldn't distract from the balloons. Finally, I made one of the sand dollars in the upper right corner into a sun. What's a day at the beach without the sun! This was really a fun block to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment